Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dino Eggs and Rainbow Stew

This morning I made rainbow stew (cornstarch, sugar, water and food coloring). The stuff has a soothing texture when you smoosh it. It is also a great way to teach the results of color combining.


 Two different colors are placed in a bag and the kiddos can smoosh them and find out what the combined color becomes.


Dino eggs were also on the agenda. Unfortunately this didn't turn out as well as I hoped.  I made a dough, placed a plastic dino in the middle and baked them.


I think I made them too big, because they were still doughy inside and didn't smash when Sweetpea hit them.


 She did think it was fun to try and smash them. I don't often give her a hammer and say "go for it!" I finally tore them apart and let her pull out the dino.



Yesterday we visited a friend who gave us a bunch of cool educational toys. Sweetpea really likes the magnetic mosiacs.  It is for ages 4+, but she did pretty well anyways.



No comments:

Post a Comment